mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Multi mode ?"

Posted on: March 18, 2003 @ 10:58 AM
dat_nomad
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-13-2003

Why is it in Multi mode when I change voice on 1, 2 & 3 follow?
maybe I shoulda stuck with Casio. LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2003 @ 12:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Multi mode ?

From a previous post....
Here is how it works, in brief:

if you are controlling a Motif-Rack from a Motif or S90, the first thing you will notice is that Performances (63/64) do not select anything on the ‘Rack.

To properly control it you need to use a MASTER setup on the Motif/S90 - I refer you to the article in the Behind the Manual section on Understanding MASTER Mode on the Motif
or
Understanding MASTER mode on the S90

Set up a MASTER setup that sends out via MIDI both Bank select and Program change. MSB = 63/ LSB = 65 and a PC for the USER MULTI #1-128

If you are in VOICE mode on a Motif /S90 and you send a PC to the Rack, let’s say “PRE2 01 (A01) Violin” which is actually 63/1 PC = 1, quite naturally, every thing in the Rack on that MIDI channel will change to PRE2 01, (A01) or Violin. It has no choice.

So to select MULTIs you must send MSB/LSB = 63/65. This is actually in the ‘Rack Data List booklet on page 46 (there are a few typos, we are having them addressed).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2003 @ 04:52 PM
dat_nomad
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-13-2003

Re: Multi mode ?

Well I’m using an MPC2000 as the controller here is how they are set up when looking at the screens.

FIRST THE MPC2000XL;

Mode:  MIDI CLOCK
Send MMC: (midi master control) ON

NOW THE MO RACK;

BasicRcvCh omni
TransmitCH 1
DeviceNo.  all
BankSelSw on
PgmChangeSw on
CC Mode mode1
RcvBulkSw on
MIDI Sync MIDI
MIDI IN/OUT MIDI
ThruPort 1

Maybe I got something set wrong but I aint sure, this MIDI is still so foreign to me. Any thoughts?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi chanels
Next Topic:

can’t record tracks with my new rack ››