mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mo & MPC"

Posted on: March 17, 2003 @ 05:26 AM
dat_nomad
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-13-2003

Ok I know i’m dumb now. I cannot get this rack to do a damn thing. I’m trying to make a song with it but everytime I select a different device it does not play a note. I put the MO in multi mode but the rack wont recognize a note unless it’s device 1. I’m so confused now, I’m not sure I explained it right (lol) . This might be a MIDI thing but I’m not even sure. does this even make sense to anyone ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2003 @ 10:50 AM
raerae28
Joined  03-13-2003

Re: Mo & MPC

First off, do you have a controller keyboard?

IF you do not have a controller keyboard you are in a world of hurt trying to play the motif Rack with an MPC.

PLease expliain your setup more in depthly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2003 @ 12:21 PM
dat_nomad
Joined  03-13-2003

i have an MPC 2000XL used as my sequenser, a Yamaha SY85 keyboard for triggering notes,A protools 001 system on a mac g3 1000mg ram g4 500 processor for recording. Mo rack for tones, & balanced cables throughout.  I also have a pair of event BAS 20/20 monitors on wall mounts but thats probally TMI.

I have the Midi A out of the MPC going to the SY 85 and the through of the SY85 going to the Mo rack. The MIDI out of the Sy85 goes into the MIDI A in of the MPC. I dont record MIDI into the protools yet but I imagine I would take the MIDI out of the MO rack and send it to the protools. 

The MPC and the SY work flawlessly together but I just can’t get the Mo rack to acnowledge any thing but MIDI device1 from the MPC or the SY85. If I hook up speakers to the Sy85 I can get the various instruments to respond to the MPC but no notes come out of the mo rack. The LED does acknowledge that it recieved data but it does nothing with it as far as I can tell. I know i have something ste up wrong I’m just not sure what.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2003 @ 03:50 PM
dat_nomad
Joined  03-13-2003

So basically I hit the multi button twice. LOL Damn Im dumb. I figured it out though. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 thakns anyway.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Accessing multis on Motif Rack from a sequencer
Next Topic:

Motif Rack and PLG-150-VL ››