mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack on USB and Cubase SX on Windows XP"

Posted on: March 13, 2003 @ 12:01 PM
raerae28
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-13-2003

With the USB driver loaded, I got continous hiccups and stutters while playing back Midi data on ALL devices out of Cubase. I have a Midiman 8x8 with several devices and 1 Motif Rack connected via USB.

When I uninstall the USB driver stuttering goes away. Whats the current version of the USB driver and if USB doesnt necessarily share an IRQ, could this be the issue if it was?

R.W

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2003 @ 04:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Motif Rack on USB and Cubase SX on Windows XP

Not clear on how you have your setup hooked up. Where is the 8x8? And if that is your MIDI interface you do not need to use a second MIDI interface (Motif-Rack’s USB). I suggest you just use one MIDI interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2003 @ 02:41 AM
raerae28
Joined  03-13-2003

The setup was like this....
Motif Rack -> USB ->Cubase SX(Using USB Driver)

Now its more definitively like this...
TRiton Rack-> Midisport #8 ->Cubase SX(USing Midisport)
Roland JV1010->Midisport #2->Cubase SX
Korg TR Rack->Midisport #1->Cubase SX
MPC2000XL->Midisport #3->Used for SYNC in either direction
Mackie Control->Midisport #7->Cubase SX
Roland A90 Controller->Midisport #5->Cubase SX
EMU Esynth Keys->Midisport#4->Cubase SX
MOtif Rack ->Midisport #6-Cubase SX(because I stopped using USB Driver)

With the USB driver loaded...I got tons of hiccups and stutters, you could record a sequence and the sequence stop right in the midst of what you were doing, and then catch back up(as if something got full and had to be unloaded)

Without the USB driver loaded...it works as it did before I added the Motif Rack. I just implemented the rack in 2 days ago.

R.W.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2003 @ 05:21 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Of course, you didn’t need the USB driver, you already have an interface. Don’t assume it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work for you because you never needed it. Hope you understand that !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2003 @ 11:06 AM
raerae28
Joined  03-13-2003

Ummm, I think you mis-understand me. I had it hooked up via USB cable(if I can save midi ports and plug something else back end....then I WOULD like to.)

WHEN it caused problems, I connected it to the midisport 8x8 directly, because I HAVE to use the new device I purchased and I cannot have hiccups with the system.

My original question rephrased...IS ther a NEW version of the USB driver from Yamaha? The one I installed gave me problems(stuck notes, hiccup playback, etc) when trying to utilize it with Cubase and my other midi interface the midisport 8x8.

R.W.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2003 @ 01:32 PM
fitom
Joined  02-07-2003

Hello,

Don’t get Midisport or others stuff like this. Only my PC and the Motif 8 hooked together by USB cable.

Using Windows XP + Service Pack 1

This is the way that thing goes :

- Using Voice editor : Open a voice file on the PC i can hear it when pressing the On-Screen Keyboard but i can’t use Bulk (Receive/Send) always get a Time Out Error. (I’ve try all time settings with the same time on the Motif and the PC nothing better)

- Using Sequencers (Sonar or XGWorks but same problem) for me : Load a Midi file and press Play on PC. The midi IN/OUT monitor act when SEND/RECEIVE data (lights on/off in the Sonar task bar midi monitor). The Playback result is very bad (the same as you decribe). When I copy the Midi file on my Smart Media card and Play it directly with the Motif all sound good.

I don’t use the File Transfert Utility because i have a SM Card reader/writer (and no SCSI device hooked on the motif). That is much quicker (not only MIDI transmit speed) as i read on some thread but not tested myself.

My PC don’t boot if the Motif is powered before the computer but no problems in the other way (PC on then Motif on). Before installing the Yamaha USB driver i’ve not this boot problem.

I’ve taken an eye on USB settings in PC Bios. all is correct.

I suspect the USB driver (non-signed) to be the cause of these problems (the other USB devices works fine). At the begining of Windows XP i got similar problems with Creative Labs Audigy drivers (also non signed).

I have a friend that buy a Yamaha Tyros and has also problems with XP and Yamaha USB driver so he use Standard midi in/out.

I read technical help on Microsoft web site and this is what they say :

Windows XP + Service Pack 1 : use only signed drivers to avoid problems.

IMHO yhis is not an USB problem but the Yammy USB driver is a Win2K driver not an XP driver.

So if someone as an idea or Yamaha can write a true XP driver it will be great.

PS : No USB 2 on my PC. Motif is fully upgraded (OS 1.0.7 + USB 1.10)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2003 @ 02:38 PM
fitom
Joined  02-07-2003

Great I have solved two of my problems.

1)Now Midi files play fine.

This is the only setting i have changed :

UTILITY/SF2 all to ON. Don’t change CtrlChange (stay to mode1) because don’t understand the manual about this.

What they mean by GM level 1 and GM level 2 ?

Is this GM and GM2 ?

2)The Bulk Receive/Send now work in Voice Editor.

What i have done :

UTILITY/SF1(CH) change DeviceNo. from ALL to 1.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Just got Motif Rack
Next Topic:

behind the manual / tips & tricks ››