mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No Smart Media for Rack? How can you get new sound"

Posted on: March 04, 2003 @ 01:20 PM
Pete_C
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-04-2003

How can you upload new patches to the Motif Rack?  I know on the Motif synth you cannot upload via USB...you must use Smart Media.  Has this been changed in the Rack?

Thanks,
Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2003 @ 03:04 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: No Smart Media for Rack? How can you get new sound

Both the Motif and the Motif-Rack communicate with their respective Voice Editor programs via USB.

Sounds can be transferred from from the Motif to the Motif-Rack via MIDI. VOICES, PERFORMANCES and MIX TEMPLATES (as long as they use internal waves, and internal arpeggios)

The ‘Rack can dump its data via MIDI or USB for backup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2003 @ 06:37 AM
Pete_C
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-04-2003

Re: No Smart Media for Rack? How can you get new sound

So, in other words, I WILL be able to download the patches from Motifator and load then into the Motif Rack without another Motif...just a USB or MIDI cable and a PC?

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2003 @ 04:34 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: No Smart Media for Rack? How can you get new s

>>> So, in other words, I WILL be able to download the patches from Motifator and load then into the Motif Rack without another Motif...just a USB or MIDI cable and a PC?<<<

No, that is not exactly what I said. The Motif-Rack has all of the Voice data of the Motif and then some. Motif Voice data files must be converted so that it can be loaded into a Motif-Rack. The file formats, quite naturally, are slightly different. The ‘Rack has a new generation chip, new effect processing, more EQ, no keys, no controllers etc., ...enough to make the file format different. That said, when the Motif-rack pages goes live, I’m sure we will post those sounds in a format that will allow you to load them into the Motif-Rack. Not to worry…

Motif sounds saved in VOICE EDITOR format (.w2e) can be opened and loaded by the Voice Editor for Motif-Rack.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Triton Studio and Mo Rack
Next Topic:

Motif-Racks Have Arrived in the U.S. ››