mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can I change key/octave of a recorded pattern?"

Posted on: April 05, 2006 @ 10:01 AM
digga
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-20-2006

To anyone who might know (and if is duplicate, my apolies, I tried to put this question up earlier, but I think I hat the preview box checked and left before submitting)…

Anyways, I’m recording a song, and I realized that when I was singing it, I was singing it lower than I should have, and didn’t quite realize the issue until of course, I went to record vocals to it. 

So.. can I do it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2006 @ 10:13 AM
squeak_D
Joined  09-24-2005

Re: Can I change key/octave of a recorded pattern?

I don’t have the MO, but considering one, however, I’ve worked on the original Motif and owned a board that pre-dated the Motif.  The pattern recording is very similiar.  What you’re wanting to do should be an option under one of the “PATTERN JOB” modes.  Check in your manual.  What you want can be done.  Under one of the jobs you should be able to transpose any of the parts within a pattern.  You can tanspose one part or all of them (with exception to the drum track of course). 

Squeak

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2006 @ 10:27 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

The job Squeak mentions is the Note Transpose job. It is accessible from either Song or Pattern mode as [JOB]-->[F2] NOTE-->05: Transpose and is described on page 185 of the MO6, MO8 Owner’s Manual .

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2006 @ 12:19 PM
digga
Joined  03-20-2006

Thanks guys… and thanks Brad for the clarification.  I got it.  I may actually record my first (real) song today.  We’ll see…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO6-Poly Issues??????
Next Topic:

Can i do this.....? ››