mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif and Presonus Firestation"

Posted on: July 26, 2002 @ 09:41 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We thought we ‘d let you know about some of the cool things that were at the Summer NAMM show.  One thing was the Presonus booth which ahd the Motif with an Mlan8E mlan expansion card hooked up to a Presonus Firestation. Here some stuff from their website.

“ The FIREstation is designed to be the heart of your digital recording studio. You can plug in microphones, instruments and external preamps into the analog inputs while monitoring them in real time without latency. Any mLAN compatible keyboard such as the Yamaha Motif or Korg Triton Studio can be seamlessly patched into the FireWire ports of the FIREstation to send audio and MIDI information to your computer. Need more inputs? Just daisy chain multiple FIREstations for up to 40 channels of I/O.”

• Easy interface into the computer without having to install additional PCI cards
• Bidirectional audio, MIDI and word sync information – together on a single FireWire bus
• Zero-latency monitoring of recording sources while overdubbing
• Accepts multiple formats of analog and digital inputs and outputs: balanced/unbalanced analog, ADAT, and S/PDIF
• Expandable up to 40 channels I/O
• May be used as a stand-alone A/D and D/A converter as well as an 8x2 analog line mixer
• Dual-Path preamps provide a tube or solid state audio path to give maximum tonal flexibility
• Built in 1x1 MIDI port to interface keyboards or other MIDI devices
• Compatible with Yamaha mLAN
• Mac and PC compatible; ships with ASIO drivers for use with today’s hottest audio software

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2002 @ 02:01 PM
Winston
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-06-2002

Re: Motif and Presonus Firestation

If I buy the mLan option card, can I connect my Motif8 direct to my PC without buying the Presonus.  (I already have firewire on my PC.)

If so, what software will I need to buy (or download) to be able to record on the PC?

If not, is a PC driver planned for any particular release date, or is a third party driver or recording package available?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2002 @ 02:16 PM
Winston
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-06-2002

Very sorry,

Per the just filed request on the Presonus/mLan topic:

I thought the system would ask me to register.  I’m registered now, so e-mail address should be displayed.  If not, I can be reached at .  (I’ve check the “Email all replies” option, so, if I understand correctly, I should receive your reply or replies by others.)

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2002 @ 03:12 PM
asalway
Total Posts:  378
Joined  10-14-2002

Hi Winston,

Yes, with a firewire (IEEE 1394) port on your PC, you can connect it to the Motif 8 with the mLan board installed.

Two possible problems…

Firstly, it looks like Yamaha are still writing the drivers for Windows (MAC ones are available), so you may have to wait a bit (please let me know if someone knows where to get the WinXP drivers!).

Secondly, the mLan boards themselves seem to be in short supply - here in the UK, the mLan8E board isn’t in stock at Yamaha Kemble yet. Again, should someone know where to get them, please let me know.

It’s great that Yamaha have designed the standard, brilliant that all the other manufacturers (Korg etc) have adopted it, and it will be even better when we get to use it…

Hope this helps,

Tony

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Instructional Video For The Motif 6???
Next Topic:

Motif Song(Dark Shadowrain) ››