mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Instructional Video For The Motif 6???"

Posted on: July 26, 2002 @ 09:34 AM
David
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-27-2003

Hello,

I’ve had my motif for 2 weeks, I am learning bit by bit.  However, I can see that I will need a VHS video.  Are there any???  I am creating nice 4 measure beats, however when I try to make an 8 measure beat, it continues to stay in the 4 beat mode.  Are there any 800 numbers for newbies like me to call and get help when I’m hung on a ‘how to’ situation?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2002 @ 09:49 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Re: Instructional Video For The Motif 6???

You can get the Motif Video in the Motif Mart.

As far as 4 bar and 8 bar patterns, check out this answer that we posted just a few days ago.

Question
(7/10/02 7:15:23 pm)
Attention Yamaha - Changing the loop length.

EXAMPLE
I want to record a drum track 4 bars long
I forget to set the loop to 4 and just hit record (it’s on 2)
Instead it only records 2 so I stop the sequence and change the loop length to 4.
I record again using replace and it still does the same thing!!???!!
I stop the sequencer, but the display says that I’m using 4 bars… I’m confused!

This should really update to show me I’ve only got 2 bars. Or allow me to change the loop length when using a replace record.
------------------------------------------------------------
Answer

Setting the loop length does one thing and one thing only. It sets the number of measures that will loop.

Try this experiment to see what we mean.

Set the loop length to 2 and record a 2 bar loop. Now set loop length to 9 and hit play. The two bar loop will playback 4 complete times then play measure 1 of the two bar pattern then start to loop and repeat.

So the loop length has nothing to do with the individual tracks length. In your case because you recorded a shorter track than wanted you would have to either use the append measure job to add 2 more measures to your current pattern or just erase the track and record with the measure loop set to 4.

It’s actually useful to be able to create say 16 measure track and the set the loop length to 4 to work on that particluar section of the song.

In any case once you understand that loop length has nothing to do with individual track lengths , we think it will clear up your confusion.

---------------------------------------------------------
Here is the orginal URL.

http://pub125.ezboard.com/fmotifatorfrm24.showMessage?topicID=539.topic

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2002 @ 10:25 AM
David
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-27-2003

Thanks for replying so promptly.  The video at the Mart however, is a DVD.  I need it in VHS format.  Can you help me locate one???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2002 @ 10:39 AM
keyfax
Total Posts:  1625
Joined  06-11-2002

The Video is available on both DVD and VHS in the mart.

Just choose which one you want.
kf

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MMC/MTC/metronome
Next Topic:

Motif and Presonus Firestation ››