mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Just wondering?"

Posted on: January 14, 2006 @ 05:57 AM
bigvarsity
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-14-2006

I’m trying to figure out exactly what is missing as far as the sounds, Arpegios, and Sequencer.....

I see that they (Motif ES and MO both have the same size wave rom but the ES has more sounds???????Not sure I get it....

Are the arps the same though?

Does the MO have the same sequencer as the ES? doesn’t seem like it from what I read.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2006 @ 08:31 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Just wondering?

The MO has the same preset arpeggios as the Motif ES.

Since the MO has the same sample Waveform ROM as the Motif ES, any Motif ES voice that uses these samples can be played on the MO. The issue of fewer Voices on the MO than the Motif ES is simply that there are fewer preset voice banks. If you have a Motif ES, you can save preset voices to an ALL VOICE file and then load those into the MO.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2006 @ 10:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Does the MO have the same sequencer as the ES? doesn’t seem like it from what I read.

It has the same sequencer (except for the sampling).
226,000 notes. Song mode, Pattern mode - compatible files - it is the same, although there have been the following improvements:

_Real Time Loop Remix has been expanded. In light of the fact that the MO6/8 do not sample, the Reverse and Pitch variation types would not apply so the MO6/8 features a new Fill-in function
There are 16 Normal, 16 Breaks, 16 Rolls, and 48 Fill-ins… each times 16 variations.
Also a new interval function that allow you to apply the “remix” every measure, every other measures, every 3rd measures, every 4th measure, right through every 8th measure

_"Quick Setups” allow you to with the selection of a single macro, set the MO6/8 up to record internally to the MO sequencer, record to an externa sequencer, record arpeggios to an external sequencer, or transfer MO sequence data to an external sequencer.

_New function to allow Patterns and Songs to be accessed immediately in your MIXING setup.  (plus there are 256 User Performances).

Don’t know where you were reading this but you can go there and tell them they are misinformed - the MO sequencer is the same as the ES sequencer minus the integrated sampling functions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2006 @ 09:24 PM
bigvarsity
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-14-2006

Thanks alot. I guess the guys at Sam Ash didn’t know what they were talking about......I know I wanted that sound from the es NeoSoul or something like that and didn’t see it on the MO and they told me flat out that it was some kind of stripped down sequencer aside from the sampling of course. Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Demo songs/patterns
Next Topic:

MO-6 Voice List? ››