mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MSB/LSB problem with AN PlugIn"

Posted on: December 17, 2005 @ 09:22 AM
Zeeski
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-22-2003

I having some difficulty getting my head around my AN Plug Board.  I’m using a Roland RD-700SX to send my Motif Rack program changes.  The RD easily allows me to set up MSB and LSB so I can access the different banks of the Motif.  However, when I set up a patch I call Analog in the RD which has the appropriate 63/02 band changes, it is bringing up Preset 2 program 56, which is 63/01.  In order to troubleshoot this problem, I have created other patches on the RD from scratch to ensure no other CCs are being sent and I still am experiencing the same problem. This is really frustrating me, as it is preventing me from utilizing the AN PlugIn board for gigging purposes.

Any suggestions as to a solution?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2005 @ 11:13 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: MSB/LSB problem with AN PlugIn

Question:
What mode is the Motif Rack in? VOICE mode or MULTI mode?
What does this have to do with the PLG150-AN board?

I ask this because the PLG150-AN doesn’t have a bank 63/02? Nor does it have a 63/01? So I don’t see the relation to the PLG board.

The PLG150-AN has banks like 63/70 if it is in slot 1 and you want to recall PLGPRE 1.
63/73 if it is in slot 2 and you want to recall PLGPRE 1

Or 63/24 if it is in slot 1 and you want to recall PLG1USR.
Or 63/25 if it is in slot 2 and you want to recall PLG2USR

Let us know!?!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2005 @ 01:47 PM
Zeeski
Joined  08-22-2003

I"m i n Voice mode.  I should also add that I got the information on the MSB/LSB from the manual that came with the Regenerator files:

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2005 @ 01:48 PM
Zeeski
Joined  08-22-2003

I"m i n Voice mode.  I should also add that I got the information on the MSB/LSB from the manual that came with the Regenerator files:

/Users/zyla/Desktop/Picture 1.png

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2005 @ 01:52 PM
Zeeski
Joined  08-22-2003

Please disregard the previous post.  I was trying to attach a section of the Regeneration manual that is telling me to use 36/000, 36/001 and 36/002 to access PLGPRE1 and the custom Board Voice bank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2005 @ 03:49 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

036/000 preset 1 Board voices - 128 resident board voices
036/001 preset 2 Board voices - 128 resident board voices
036/002 user RAM Board voices - 128 RAM locations for use with the AN EXPERT EDITOR.

These are Board voices - this means they have not been integrated with the host products effect’s, bank categories or control assignments and are simply sounds directly from the Board itself.... “raw”

If you want to recall the Voice data that Yamaha programmed for the PLG150-AN when placed in a Motif-Rack (type) product you would need to recall the banks that begin with 063/xxx as I listed in the previous post. When you first power on your Motif-Rack you will see in the screen “Checking Plugin Boards...” it is at this time it scans your slots, when it finds a PLG150-AN board it will load 64 PLGPRE1 Voices to bank 063/070 if you board is in slot 1, or to bank 063/073 if your board is in slot 2. It will also create a blank bank of 64 PLG1USR or PLG2USR locations for you to store your own variations on the board data. 063/24 and 063/025 respectively.

Voices that are integrated with the host product’s programming are called Plugin Voices (as opposed to the Board Voices). It is a subtle but important difference.

If you want to recall the “raw” (uneffected) Board Voice data then use the 036/xxx bank selections.
If you want to recall the finished Plugin Voice data integrated with Motif-Rack Effects then use the 063/xxx bank selections.

Say you program a PLG150-AN voice and apply Dual Insertion effects to it, you would select a raw wave element from the 036/xxx bank but when you stored your sound it would get stored to a Motif-Rack bank location. 063/024 PLG1USR (assuming your AN board is in slot 1). This would the first voice in this bank - you can create a total of 64 PLG1USR Voices that access wave elements from the 256 preset board voices or 128 user board voices (AN Expert Editor).

If you want to listen to or recall the Voice data that Dave Polich created for the Motif-Rack (for REGENRATOR) you will want to recall the 063/024, PLG1USR (slot 1) (or 063/025, PLG2USR if your board in in Slot 2).
For example, in the Regenerator set the first sound in the USER Bank 063/024 should be “Se: BadMachine”
If you only see only “--: Bad Machin” you have not selected the proper “finished” sound. (036/002)

For full details on the PLG150-AN and its various banks, please visit the Behind the Manual section for the Power User article: PLG150-AN: A Getting Started Guide

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Like plug-in boards for Sale
Next Topic:

PLG150-PF vs PLG150-AP ››