mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Artist you aremost influenced by right now"

Posted on: October 17, 2005 @ 11:02 PM
denormaliser
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-18-2005

Is there an artist or song that is in the back of your mind right now as the style you are trying to capture? If so what is it?

Mines M83
[url=http://www.ilovem83.com/]http://www.ilovem83.com/ [/url]

(ie. im getting bored with looking in a thread called MotifES Rack Software for social stimulation)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2005 @ 01:18 PM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005

Re: Artist you aremost influenced by right now

****(ie. im getting bored with looking in a thread called MotifES Rack Software for social stimulation)****

good call!!!!
in response to the question, no particular artist or song stands out from the pack for me....the way i tell, is if i say to myself “...geez , i wish i had written that..”
these days it seems to be just a lot of homogenous gel, pre-determined hooks, mixes, and images created by a few major players (including so called “independents” )...we have our ubiquitous female piano player/songwriter in higgins who gets shitloads of aria noms...(so wheres the difference form goodrem i ask you!!!! oh, she DOESN"T have lymphoma) the token “original artist”, the token noms for rockers....
anyhoo, soz bout that, getting on my soapbox i was...didn’t mean to get so outspoken..
cya
dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2005 @ 03:46 PM
denormaliser
Joined  08-18-2005

bah, the arias = yawn. the arias never give anyone an award unless their novelty wore off 5 years ago.

and have you heard about this new australian prize? Apparently a cash prize similar to the (umm… name escapes me.. starts with B i think… awards in Britian that coldplay probably won… quite prestigious) any way its basiacally a cash prize award based on record sales. I mean whats the point of that? “Lets give heaps more money to the people that have made the most money this year” WTF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2005 @ 05:16 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

rotfl (ironically)
yeah, how dumb is that??!!!!
give it to US!!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2005 @ 09:44 PM
denormaliser
Joined  08-18-2005

totally! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

i just went and bought 2 M83 CDs on my lunch break + a Blondie and a PIL ($10 each!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2005 @ 10:00 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

i might go and check em out, along with your website when i get off this damn dialup a/c (i am transferring to another isp that doesnt support fast churn, so i gotta wait bout 8 days to get hooked up again on broadband /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=
everything is TOOOOO sloooowwww!!!!
cya
dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Rack ES software
Next Topic:

difference between motif and motif ES ››