mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack ES software"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: October 16, 2005 @ 09:17 PM
denormaliser
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-18-2005

Re: Motif Rack ES software

haha dude you are totally aggressive lounge. listening to red lounge on your web site now. it is rad. 

anyway, i passed the link to that track on to them.

i just listened to it three times and i think its really good at least /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2005 @ 10:06 PM
denormaliser
Joined  08-18-2005

so you’re telling me that an S90 ES is a MotifRackES with excellent keys? great! thats exactly what i should have bought!

nah not really. i needed the rack size for gigs. i guess its probably a lot more expensive too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2005 @ 01:25 PM
Jordzen
Joined  10-30-2003

haha dude you are totally aggressive lounge.

lol, that’s good to know!
thanks fy comments, denorm, and passing on the link! cheers.

so you’re telling me that an S90 ES is a MotifRackES with excellent keys? i guess its probably a lot more expensive too.

Not really, the S90 and S90ES are basically realistic full-size keyboards, but they are not the same as the MotifRack, coz they dont have the intergrated sampling and sequencing functions. Youre right about the price though: the S90ES is about twice as dear as the Motif-ES-Rack. And if you really did want “a MotifRackES with excellent keys” you’d be looking at three times the price, with the Yammy flagship synth: Motif ES8, which inclues all the functions of the Rack + the 8-octave hammer-action keybed of the S90 (hehe, are we getting geek enuf here now?!) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif alt=

[url=http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%253D23908%2526CTID%253D206400,00.html]http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%253D23908%2526CTID%253D206400,00.html [/url]

^^^^ that’s what i’d love to have if i ever have the $$ - but it sounds like u have what serves u best for your gigs - what do u play in your band, denorm? keys?

cheers, J.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2005 @ 03:26 PM
denormaliser
Joined  08-18-2005

what do u play in your band, denorm? keys?

yep, im not a very good keyboardist, but its kind of easy when you are playing songs that you’ve written yourself and you play the same ones all the time.

The Rack ES doesnt have sampling or sequencing either! just inbuilt sounds and user banks for you to save your edits. you cant add samples unless you buy the plug boards.

I played with a ES8 heaps before buying the rack. Bought the rack unsighted based on the sounds of the ES line and the specs of the rack. It is a very cool little thing though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2005 @ 05:12 PM
Jordzen
Joined  10-30-2003

oh right, well u learn something new everyday dont you /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=
so pardon me, you’re right then, the S90ES is kinda like a ES-Rack with excellent keys (um, i think....) /forums/images/icons/confused.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2005 @ 06:54 PM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005

hey jordzen,
the big difference apart from an excellent keybed is the main piano sample, which i believe is a multi sample of the yammi 700 accoustic grand...its prob the best(nah it IS the best) piano sample i have played with...and that includes the Roland fantom x8, rd700sx and the promega, all of which sound great thru cans, but thru a pa just sound awful,unless you really tweak eq, the yammi is switch on all eq flat and it PUMPS!,
dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2