mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“simple” midi question"

Posted on: July 25, 2002 @ 08:40 PM
keyfax
Total Posts:  1625
Joined  06-11-2002

can anyone tell me how to hear different sounds on different midi tracks using an external sequencer? it seems like the most basic of problems and i’ve read the manual, the midi boot camp and the help on this site and nothing works for me!
i’m using digital performer 3 to trigger midi and it works fine but whatever voice is on the motif is what i hear, no matter what channel or patch is selected in DP3. even my click track becomes piano when i choose this sound.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2002 @ 04:57 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Re: “simple” midi question

First, You need to be in MIX mode on Motif. That’s where you can set up multi timbral MIDI setups. The you just use Perfromer as you would with any other multi timbral MIDI device.

If you are using Freemidi, there is a FreeMIDI patch name file for free download in the Files and Software section of the Motif Mart that will let you see Motif’s names directly in a Digital Performer/ FreeMIDI system.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2002 @ 08:30 AM
keyfax
Total Posts:  1625
Joined  06-11-2002

thanks a lot. now it seems to work fine.
on the front page of the site in the “newbie zone” it says in order to set up for multi-timbral sequencing, press MIXING and then VOICE.
this threw me a bit as the mixing mode only seems to operate under SONG and PATTERN, and when VOICE is pressed MIXING becomes disabled and you’re back to square one. this is the case with an exernal sequencer anyway.

thanks also for the tip about the patch list!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2002 @ 09:01 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

It’s the order of things.  Inside the Mix on F3 is button labeled Voice which is where you select the Voices inside a Mix.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ uk -cheap price?
Next Topic:

MMC/MTC/metronome ››