mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Do you have to be high to be creative? *DELETED*"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: February 05, 2005 @ 05:49 PM
TechT10n
Total Posts:  43
Joined  02-03-2005

Post deleted by TechT10n

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2005 @ 09:02 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9567
Joined  12-09-2008

Re: Do you have to be high to be creative?

Only a complete idiot would think so, or someone with a very narrow mind, or someone simply looking for a reason to get high. 

For starts, knowledge and talent would be a more thoughtful and meaningful answer, than your stash of joints.  Are you dumb enough to believe Mozart, Bethovan, Brahams, Tchiakosky, and all the other greats of highly creative music constantly got high to be creative?  Your question is stupid because it implies that you are simply looking for a reason to get high.  I suspect you are in your 20’s or 30’s, and have already fallen into the drug trap and influenced by peers and/or the deviated American environment.  Grow up, kid.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2005 @ 09:22 PM
TechT10n
Joined  02-03-2005

Just go eat a hamburger and stop swearing. mormon.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 02:44 AM
Ole Jerry
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-28-2004

The answer to your question sir, is no.
Music takes much consintration to create.
Have a nice drink after you’ve created your best efforts.
Yes celebrate your accomplishments,,,AFTERWARDS.

Music my anti drug.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 02:58 AM
Hugo
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  10-21-2003

You don’t have to be high or use alcohol or drugs of any kind in order to be creative. Having said that, a lot of great art and music has been created when high.

Some examples of drug-using artists/bands are the Beatles, the Doors, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, a lot of the jazzmovement in the 50’s and 60’ used drugs (cocaine, heroin), and many of todays artists/bands/performers no doubt use drugs.

Famous authors and painters have also used drugs creatively, e.g. Timothy Leary.
And now I hear that the ‘Teletubbies’ concept was formed during an LSD-trip.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 03:05 AM
Ole Jerry
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-28-2004

HEY, STOP THAT.
For one can do much better sober, than you can being high or drunk.
I know this for a fact.
I got drunk one night, and created a track, then posted it.
The next day, I listened to the track, and said to myself,,"Self, what the HELL WERE YOU DOING?”

I learned a lesson that day, it sounds good while drunk, but way better sober.
OH WELL TO EACH IS OWN.

I’d rather have that all important drink, after I have finished creating my music.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 04:46 AM
ohernie
Total Posts:  449
Joined  10-12-2003

Double edged sword.

Drinking and getting high cut off the “parent” and logical parts of the brain so technically one has fewer rules and does get more creative.

So if simply babbling were art we’d be Shakespeare. 

Unfortunately, creating actual art requires the ability to be critical.  An artist is constantly throwing away ideas that aren’t good enough and modifying ones that are weak.

Since alcohol and drugs tend to make one less critical the results tend to be masturbatory blatherings.

“Hey, it sounded good to me at the time”

It is my guess that people who create strong art while under the influence of drugs or alcohol have incorporated the drugs into their lifestyle to such an extent that the the drugs are part of their normal reality.  They have learned to be functional while under the influence.  With “amateurs” the drugs are simply permission to musically “say” anything, whether it makes sense or not.

Ernie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 10:49 AM
Hugo
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  10-21-2003

“It is my guess that people who create strong art while under the influence of drugs or alcohol have incorporated the drugs into their lifestyle to such an extent that the the drugs are part of their normal reality. They have learned to be functional while under the influence.”

Yes, I think this is maybe the case. I created some of my best tracks after smoking hash, and my best track ever after a whole day of drinking…

But as Richard D. James said, it will usually be too complicated to create music with synths while high. This wasn’t a problem for me at the time, as I mainly used one synth and a tracker. Very simple, yet efficient setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 12:44 PM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

Just go eat a hamburger and stop swearing. mormon”

You should have bought another ‘m’ for your own title, instead you’ll just be “Just go eat a hamburger and stop swearing. moron”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 02:54 PM
TechT10n
Joined  02-03-2005

Im sorry sir, you are incorrect… I was pointing out his choice of religion and taunting him about it. Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 03:12 PM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

POTHEAD

I believe you meant to say moron, not “mormon”, lol.  Time to let up on your joint habit, kid.  Maybe by then you can be creative, or at least spell correctly and speak clearly.  Maybe you’ll even be able to enjoy the great world that exists around you.  Now there’s something that might jolt a creative spark in you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 04:05 PM
TechT10n
Joined  02-03-2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im sorry sir, you are incorrect… I was pointing out his choice of religion and taunting him about it. Thank you.

What about my previous post did you not understand? Go eat a dead child. Woman beater.

Mormons are trashy folk.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 04:24 PM
billrock
Total Posts:  1037
Joined  11-14-2004

The answer is : YES. In order to be creative, you need to be high…

This includes energy, enthusiasm, concentration and passion for what you do… and all these emotions are ‘highs’ to the human mind. You can attain this high through healthy means like healthy eating, sleeping and very importantly, exercise. Keeping yourself fit will give you a natural high and much more concentration than couch potatoes.

Go ahead get high on the drug, and this drug is called ‘disciplined life’

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 05:38 PM
TechT10n
Joined  02-03-2005

Go ask Ozzy if you have to be intoxicated to make good music.. Or Jimmi Hendrix.... if only.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 06:18 PM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

As I thought, your postings TechT10n, are reconfirming my statements made in my first posting.  You are looking for reasons to justify your drug habit.  It’s time to get off your “sex, drugs, and rock ‘n roll” fantasy ride.  Grow up, kid.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2005 @ 07:03 PM
TechT10n
Joined  02-03-2005

Your a lonely joke, quit laughing at yourself..

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PREDICTIONS? Next Best Yamaha Keyboard..?
Next Topic:

SuperComputer on a Chip! ››