mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Metronome question"

Posted on: January 28, 2005 @ 12:41 PM
pianoman86
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-21-2004

How do i get the metronome to go along with me when i am practicing? Is there any such way.  I know you can use it when you are recording, but i haven’t figured out how to do it when i’m not recording. Any advise would help, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2005 @ 12:58 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Metronome question

You can setup the metronome to sound when you record and play by changing the metronome Mode field in the [SONG] (or [PATTERN])-->[UTILITY]-->[F3] SEQ-->[SF1] CLICK dialog to Rec/Play rather than Rec. If you set this parameter to All the click will sound continuously.

(This feature is described on page 254 of the Motif Owner’s Manual .)

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2005 @ 03:26 PM
pianoman86
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-21-2004

Thanks!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2005 @ 08:49 AM
craigwhe
Total Posts:  86
Joined  10-13-2003

And on that note…

I play keys in church.  Many times, the congregation starts to sing, and I want to start playing with a rhythm accompaniment to the song.

What’s the best way to get the rhythm timing to match what they are singing when I start playing?

TIA.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2005 @ 08:59 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

You might want to consider the 34One Tap Tempo Pedal available from the Motif Mart . The description follows:[list]The name says it all. A dedicated ‘tap tempo’ pedal for real-time synchronization of your MIDI sequences, patterns, or arpeggios to the groove you’re actually hearing. This is a feature that’s not available on Motif by itself, and one that has been much requested by users over the past couple of years.

34One connects to the MIDI In of Motif/Motif Rack/Motif ES. Set your instrument to MIDI Clock, and you now have real-time control over the tempo of Patterns, Songs, or Arpeggios simply by tapping twice (“3” “4”) at the speed you’d like your music to be playing.

On the following “beat 1” a MIDI Start command will be generated, and your Pattern, or Song will start. When using 34One with arpeggios start is not automatic, but is initiated by you playing something on the keyboard – exactly as it should.

To stop, simply stamp on the pedal for a second and it will turn off.

34One has additional, more advanced functions including a continuous ‘tap-on’ feature for on-going, subtle tempo adjustments, and a hi-tempo mode (24One Mode) activated by a small switch at the back of the unit.

34One is constructed from high grade plastic, with an appropriately ‘stiff’ tapping mechanism. Four rubber feet ensure the pedal won’t slip under your Size 12s, and an LED gives visual indication of tempo with ‘red’ indicating the downbeat. The MIDI cable, which is permanently attached, is just under 6 feet in length.

The 34One is compatible to almost any MIDI keyboard (including the Korg Triton and Yamaha S90) or sequencer including software sequencers.

Specifications

MIDI Implementation: Control Change Channel 1, Controller 90, Value 127 (On)
Performance Data: Tempo Range 30-300 BPM
CPU: Atmel® RISC Microcontroller, Calculation exactness:24 bit internal.
Power: Alkaline 9V battery (50 hours approx run time)
Manufacturer: Ploytec GmBH, Germany.

An invaluable and we believe unique product for all Motif/ES/Rack users who play live - especially with other musicians, looking for on-the-fly BPM control.
[/list:u]Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2005 @ 09:06 AM
Hover
Total Posts:  260
Joined  10-02-2003

What’s the best way to get the rhythm timing to match what they are singing when I start playing?

Sounds like you need some sort of ‘Tap Tempo’ feature. At MotifMart you can check out the 34ONE Tap Tempo Pedal

http://secure.keyfax.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/34one.jpg

But you can always try to guess in what tempo the’re singing /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

I see Brad just beat me when posting this. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2005 @ 09:18 AM
craigwhe
Total Posts:  86
Joined  10-13-2003

Thanks all,

It’s not just the tempo, it’s starting the rhythm on the right note, as well.

Looks like I need a 34One!

Thanks Again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Keeping the band in time using the sequencer
Next Topic:

Motif 6 keys stuck ››