mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-AP & Sonar 3 Pro Issues"

Posted on: November 23, 2004 @ 04:28 PM
sjames
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-09-2004

Newbie Question Everyone,

I just got the AP Plug-in card and installed it with no issues.  Sounds and works great. My question may be better served on the Cakewalk Forum, but how do I get my instrument definitions to show up in Sonar?  I have the S90 definitions in there, but nothing from the plug-in card.  I believe it is a file with a .ins extension? Where can I get these? Thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2004 @ 05:14 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: PLG150-AP & Sonar 3 Pro Issues

Attached to this posting is a zip file that includes a cakewalk instrument definition file for the PLG150-AP. Since the Preset Voice bank for this board will vary depending on which slot of your S90, Motif or Motif ES it is plugged into, you need to edit this file. At the bottom of the instrument definition file you will find direction on the edits necessary.

Unzip this file, install the instrument definition file (as you installed the S90 Cakewalk Instrument Definition file) and then you should be able to call up raw board voices or plug-in voices from this board using their names rather than Bank MSB and LSB and Program Numbers.

Let me know if this works for you as I have created it simply from the voice list published in the PLG150 Owner’s Manual as I don’t personally own a PLG150-AP (yet?)

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2004 @ 06:09 PM
sjames
Joined  05-09-2004

Awesome! Thanks Brad!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2004 @ 08:37 PM
sjames
Joined  05-09-2004

Brad,

I tried to get your file to work and it keeps telling me that there are no definitions in the file.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Scott

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2004 @ 09:02 PM
BradWeber
Joined  07-26-2002

Scott as I mentioned, you must edit this file and uncomment the 4 lines that define the instrument according to which slot the PLG150-AP is plugged into. It sounds like you didn’t do that.

Edit the file and try installing it again and let me know.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2004 @ 06:19 AM
sjames
Joined  05-09-2004

Brad,

I see where I need to edit the file based on where the board is located, but I need more direction here. What do I edit?  Do I remove the other details?  I can see that the colons need to be removed...but I am lost?  Sorry, I am exceptionally tech savvy (work and live in Silicon Valley) but not sure what I need to edit.  Is there some details on this site or on the Yamaha site?  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2004 @ 06:51 AM
BradWeber
Joined  07-26-2002

Simply delete the semicolons from the 4 lines in the file that are immediately below the comment field about the slot your board is plugged into. If desired, you can delete the other 10 commented lines that are related to the other slots, but that isn’t necessary. And if you ever change the slot that the PLG150-AP board is plugged into, having the information for the other slots in this file will allow you to simply comment out the old slot’s information, uncomment the new slots, install the new instrument definition and once again be able to reference the voices of this board by name.

Regards,

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2004 @ 03:23 PM
sjames
Joined  05-09-2004

Brad...you are the Master!  It works perfectly. Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG 150 AP and the S80
Next Topic:

How is PLG150-DR ››