mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How ‘s PLG150-AP on the gig?"

Posted on: November 14, 2004 @ 02:04 PM
abath07
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-29-2004

Anybody played it live? Is it easily heard? Is there enough tone and sustain after each note? Since it’s piano samples in stereo, I think you will need very good quality stereo speakers along the lines of Meyer, EAW, KV2, JBL or EV to do it any justice live. Don’t expect it to sound good live thru a single $600 keyboard amp.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2004 @ 09:33 PM
Lorenzini
Joined  02-17-2003

Re: How ‘s PLG150-AP on the gig?

I’m interested too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2004 @ 11:22 PM
OLDFART
Total Posts:  284
Joined  06-29-2003

Those of you only using one speaker/amp for this great board are truly missing out, a cheap home stereo with “two” average speakers sounds 10 times better than “one” high quality combo amp...... minus the volume of course, there’s nothing wrong with stacking two combo amps or stereo speakers to save space, but you GOTTA run stereo......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2004 @ 05:35 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

<<<<<<<<<<<
...you GOTTA run stereo....
>>>>>>>>>>>

Absolutely!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2004 @ 10:19 AM
musicmike
Total Posts:  16
Joined  11-16-2004

I have used mine in an Motif ES 8 for one week now and I love it! 

I lead praise and worship music in a church.  To my ears and the other members of the church the PLG150-AP rules over the stock sampled piano.  There had to be some tweaking on the “fly” to make it sound full.  But this is to be expected.

I layer strings and organs and various other pads with this paino and it simply is outstanding to me.

I hear no buzzing or tamborines in the samples as other posters seem to be hearing.  When I play live the level is very loud. This piano voice is full and very moving while I play this special music If there were any troubles with the sound I WOULD HEAR ABOUT IT!  My church is as picky as am I. 

I hope this helps.

Mike Robertson

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2004 @ 10:27 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

High frequencies sound different to different people (and do different things in different speakers, rooms, etc.) - at a certain age the ears will ring and later high frequencies will disappear - because one or two people hear something does not necessarily mean that anything is wrong - it simply means it is not for them. C’est la vie.

enjoy!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2004 @ 11:09 AM
abath07
Joined  08-29-2004

I am getting ready to gig with my new PLG-150AP installed in a Motif Rack.

I have created simple split in Multi Mode:
CF3 Grand Piano (part 1) / Bass (part 2)

It there is no EQ editing available for the PLG-150AP when in Multi Mode? It appears not. In my Multi Mode split the PLG CF3 Grand is brighter and the velocity (64/64) is hotter. Why?

I set up a simple split in Multi Mode:
CF3 Grand Piano (part 1) / Bass (part 2)
The CF3 Grand Piano sounds thin in my Multi Mode (split). It sounds much fuller in Voice Mode.

I don’t think there are Inserts on either the CF3 in Voice Mode or in Multi Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ATTENTION all VH board Owners
Next Topic:

AN1X vs. AN200 vs. PLG150-AN ››