mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help me use my new PLG150-VL!"

Posted on: November 05, 2004 @ 12:29 AM
Danza
Total Posts:  13
Joined  07-17-2004

Hi! This is my first post here, but I have been reading for a few months. I have a motif es8 and just bought the polg150-VL. The breath controller is on special order so I don’t have it yet, but I have my card and I wanted to start playing around with it.

I have read the documentation and the getting started guide, but I am still unable to figure out how to assign stuff to my midi controllers. Here is what I want to do:

Assign breath pressure to the ribbon controller

Assign embouchure to expression pedal 1

Assign scream to mod wheel

I can figure out the other combinations and stuff if I can jsut get some help getting started with this. Please help!

-Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2004 @ 07:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Help me use my new PLG150-VL!

In order to assign controllers to the PLG150-VL
Call up the VL Voice in Voice mode
Press EDIT
Press Track 1 to select Element parameters
Press F4 NATIVE to see the parameters that address the PLG150-VL directly
Use the Cursor Right and Left arrows to navigate the various screens.

Ribbon Controller is cc 022
Expression is cc 011
Mod wheel is cc 001

You must set the controller and a DEPTH (if no depth is set there will be no change).

Just a few tips: You can assign anything to anything but your selections might be a bit difficult to control… here’s why:

BC to Ribbon: Not a particularly good choice because Breath Control values go from 0-127 (positive only)...while the ribbon is sending left ~to~ right: -64 ~ 0 ~ +63, (negative through 0 to positive). Therefore only values from the center of the ribbon to the right will control BC output. The entire left half of the ribbon will be 0.

Embouchure to Expression pedal: here again a poor choice because Embouchure (the position of the virtual player’s lips/mouth on the mouthpiece) can be tightened or loosened; a pedal goes 0-127 (it would be better to select a controller that goes both negative and positive -64 ~ 0 ~ +63). You will have a hard time setting the foot pedal to normal (halfway) - Embouchure must be centered to play in tune...toe down will be slightly sharp, heel down will be slightly flat.

Scream to mod wheel: Okay this one is very cool as scream is a parameter that you would increase from 0-127 and so is the modulation wheel (just make sure you remove Pitch Modulation Depth or you will get both vibrato and Scream).

Selection of, and assigning physical Controllers to parameters (how and why you should select particular ones) is the very topic of a Behind the Manual document (and although written for the original Motif it applies to the Motif ES). 

Hope that helps…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2004 @ 05:18 PM
Danza
Total Posts:  13
Joined  07-17-2004

Re: Help me use my new PLG150-VL!

Thanks Mister! That was very helpful

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using AP card for hnsmusic.org
Next Topic: