mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG DX SYSEX DX Manager Freeware"

Posted on: November 03, 2004 @ 05:39 AM
grahamcowling
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-03-2004

Good News. For once, a solution, not a problem.

I just found the DX Manager Software free on the fm-alive site.

It reads in any kind of DX sysex files (and has a startup library of about 350 banks included).  You can dump them to the PLG board (board user voice 1-32 , or by switchingthe UTILITY/PLUG/NATIVE menu to voice 33-64, fill up the second half) .  You can use any of the thousans of sysex files found on the net. Yippee!!

Make sure the board is on Port 1, voice mode, user board voice bank - It fully works on my S90. Allow 20 seconds for dump; swittch voice once and you will see the new voice names.

It includes a full librarian tool, a full ‘graphic envelope’ DX sound editor (more intuitive and useful than DX simulator), and a facilty to create an ‘intermediate’ sound from any other pair of voices.  You can edit, test voices, and even run a bacground midi file loop to hear the effect.  Yamaha could really use this.

The man who gave us this utility deserves a medal.  I

I also found the Yamaha AN1X editor on their website (NOT the AN Expert given with the board) allows sending, editing and librarian of an1 files found on the net.  More free voices - great.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2004 @ 07:24 AM
alogie
Total Posts:  2100
Joined  10-16-2003

Re: PLG DX SYSEX DX Manager Freeware

I get a login dialog box when I try and access [url=http://www.fm-alive.com]http://www.fm-alive.com [/url] . Is there a subscription required to access the site?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2004 @ 07:29 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Find it here DX Manager courtesy Harmony-Central

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2004 @ 07:35 AM
alogie
Total Posts:  2100
Joined  10-16-2003

Thanks B_M!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2004 @ 10:01 AM
RakuRay
Total Posts:  77
Joined  06-10-2003

Thanks for sharing this gem, I will give it a go tonight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2004 @ 05:54 AM
grahamcowling
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-03-2004

The Harmony Central download is Version 1.  I got Version 1.1 by follwing the fm alive link directly from

[url=http://www.thedx7.co.uk/2nd%20page.html]http://www.thedx7.co.uk/2nd%20page.html [/url] on 1st Nov 2005.

However, I tested the link again, 3 days later, and it now comes up with the login screen - dot know why.

The MIDILIB softzare also linked on theDX7 site works for SYSEX to PLG150 DX, but is not as clever as DX Manager.

I emailed Jon to thank him for the software, and the bonus use for PLG DX Boards, which he did’nt kpw about.  Perhaps he has received a rush of web traffic, and has had to restrict access.

The author is a guy called Jon Morgan.  Someone cat Motifiator ould ask him if Motifator could host this excellent download
Jon told me he is working on Version 2 of DX Manager Probably worth an advance enquiry.

If you have a PLG and lots of SYSEX (search for Dave Benson DX7 Site) then this softzare is esssential, even if you have to now pay for it.  The editor is more usefule that DX Simulator.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2004 @ 06:25 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

It’s your fault, downloading in the future .......
<*>

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha, PLEASE create a modelled organ expansion!!
Next Topic:

PLG-APs are in!! ››