mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Post to see if there is life out there!"

Posted on: April 07, 2004 @ 05:31 PM
kwbmusic
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-31-2004

Not much doing so thought I’d ask a question. Anybody know (in Melbourne) where I could go to be given a few lessons in navigating the Motif ES7? I’m an owner of a few days, used to Arranger keyboards but this is my first workstation.
Keith

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2004 @ 01:52 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Post to see if there is life out there!

I think you may find some Ozzie posters on this part of the forum - you can frequently see where they’re from just underneath the handle/username on the left side.

Of course you might also get some great answers to your most needy questions by:
1 Checking the Behind the Manuals section at the top of the site - do check info for both the Mo classic (green) and the Mo ES (blue) since many of the former provide foundations for the latter. You’ll also find an FAQ section.

2 Searching the forum on specifics and you’ll be amazed at what’ll come up.

3 Getting the DVDs for original Mo and for Mo ES - these are so very useful. THe ES dvd builds on the foundations of the previous three dvds from the classic so if you need help with some basic principles bear this in mind

4 Phrase a question and place a post.

Unfortunately I’m not in Melbourne but I hope you get much pleasure out of your machine.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2004 @ 03:32 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

Hi Keith,
Unfortunately I’m 3 hours away on the NSW border. I’m starting to dig into the ES myself. If I happen to be down that way or vice versa we might be able to compare notes. In the meantime maybe you could ask Manny’s or Billy Hyde’s if they can put you in touch with someone they’ve sold ES’s to.

Regards - Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2004 @ 06:44 PM
Jordzen
Joined  10-30-2003

greetings, Keith!

you may want to try this: call Yamaha Music Australia in Melbourne (if their number hasn’t changed it should be: 9693-5111) they are located in Southbank on Level 1/99, Queensbridge St. and ask to speak to Chris Stella (I may have mis-spelt his surname but that’s the way it’s pronounced)

I spoke to him last year about sending me a replacement for the S90 Tools CD and whilst speaking with him I asked him a similar question to yours. He said that he did offer a service in which he can come to your house and give you lessons in using the Motif and all its various aspects. I forget how much he charged but it was around $50/hour. Pricey but worth it if you don’t have the first clue about where to start, especially if the Motif manual is anywhere as useless as the S90’s! If Chris insn’t there any more I’m sure they have others that are well suited to providing that service.

PS: I’m in Melbourne but use an S90, not Motif
Good luck!
Jordan

PPS: I stopped in Albury-Wodonga a month ago for lunch on my way to Wagga-Wagga (yes, those ARE real names of places, for the non-australians!) and saw the music store on the main street, I was going to pop my head in and see if, my some slim chance, they knew Way_ne around there!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2004 @ 07:33 PM
kwbmusic
Joined  03-31-2004

Thanks to all for the postings. in the meantime I have obtained the DVD on how to use your ES. Apart from a minor problem, I don’t have a DVD player, but after fixing that. and working out whether I will have a DVD zone problem (the DVD came from USA), I hope to be a little more knowledgeable about what is certainly a very complicated operating system.
In the meantime I’m progressing with the old fashioned method of learning, press button and see what happens.
I have the ES7 MIDI’d to the Arranger keyboard (KN7000) and it works, except if I change an ES voice it changes the KN voice to SILENT (a drum voice, or rather non voice). Well back to reading and pressing buttons. I would think the answer probably is in a Master setting and to use a zone. I want the arranger keyboard to respond to left hand chords only so as to initiate the arranger style.
Keith

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2004 @ 01:11 AM
Way_ne
Joined  01-26-2003

If the music shop was Custom Music then they know me.

Now that you mention it, there must be a lot of town names that must sound weird anywhere else (Goondawindi, Boggabilla, Burrumbuttock, Mullumbimby etc.).

I forgot to mention the ES DVD before and then you got it anyway. I haven’t got around to that yet. In fact I was wondering if they are available locally. Where did you get yours?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2004 @ 02:45 AM
kwbmusic
Joined  03-31-2004

Way_ne
Spent a lot of money and bought the Complete Orchestra Sample Library, from MotiMart,USA, the DVD came attached. Very good service, ordered Tue 6 April, arrived Tuesday 13 April. After buying a cheap DVD player I found it was easy, put the DVD in, and it played OK. Either Motomart sent one suitable for Australia or the machine I have works it out. Anyway I think I’m getting somewhere.I am more attracted to orchestral and classical music, hence my interest in the sample Disk - probably comes with my occupation, retired!
Keith

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2004 @ 03:16 AM
Way_ne
Joined  01-26-2003

Holy Crepes! Your order took less time to arrive from the States than my ES took to get here from Canberra.

I’ll probably order something from them sooner or later.

This will probably go in a separate thread here soon of gear for sale, but since there’s some activity here at the moment I’ll also mention that I have the Drums and Percussion PLG’s new in their boxes that I’ll probably sell at least one of soon since the ES packs in so much already. I may keep the percussion yet but I might try it and see what it contains.

The Complete Orchestra sounds like an excellent addition to the Motif. But Alas, I’m paying my (NSW) car rego this week and just had the bike serviced, all a week or so after getting the ES. If I’m not careful I’ll be having dinner at the Salvo’s soon.

Let us know your impressions of the new orchestra.

- Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ If anybody in Oz is interested - Mo studio options
Next Topic:

SPAM-O-RAMA ;) - Deleted .... ››